← back to scans
Will Google release next Gemini Pro model before Oct 16, 2026?
43%
Agent
48%
Market Price
-5.4%
Edge
54%
Confidence
5,406
Volume
3.0c
Spread
28
Days to resolution
7
Markets in event
final rationale
Mean of 5 draws (0.43, 0.43, 0.40, 0.44, 0.43). No successor to Gemini 3.1 Pro has shipped as of mid-September 2026, and Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed 3+ deadlines amid DeepMind leadership turmoil, which points to continued slippage risk. However, leaked Gemini 4 Pro ('argon') checkpoints and multiple reports of an October public target put a release right around the Oct 16 cutoff, and Polymarket's analog markets (12.5% by Sep 30 → 83.5% by Oct 31) imply roughly 40-48% of the mass lands before mid-October, consistent with Kalshi's 42%. Google's pattern of repeated delays suggests later-October is somewhat more likely than early-October, so I stay close to the Kalshi anchor with a slight nod to the rising trend and competitive pressure. Ambiguity over whether a preview/partner release counts adds residual uncertainty in both directions.
price vs. prediction
market price
agent forecast at t+0
31 follow-ups
1. Planner Fable 5.1 · Fermi decomposition + tool plan
Tools chosen:
kalshi_direct
kalshi_related
polymarket_related
article_search
claude_news
gdelt_news
wikipedia
code_execution
Sub-questions (Fermi decomposition)
- What is the most recently released Gemini Pro model as of now, and when was it released (preview vs GA)?
- What is Google's historical cadence between successive Gemini Pro model releases (1.0 Pro, 1.5 Pro, 2.0 Pro, 2.5 Pro, 3 Pro), and what does that imply for the next release date?
- Has Google or DeepMind announced, teased, or leaked a next-generation Gemini Pro model (e.g., via I/O 2026, LMArena appearances, Vertex AI model listings, or executive statements)?
- Does the Kalshi market's fine print count preview/experimental releases as a 'release', and what specifically is defined as the 'next' Pro model?
- What do competitive pressures (OpenAI, Anthropic, xAI releases) and Google's recent statements about model timelines suggest about acceleration or delay?
- What do related Kalshi and Polymarket markets on Google/Gemini model releases and AI model timing imply?
Planner reasoning
This is a Kalshi tech-release timing question; the key anchors are the current Kalshi price, Google's historical Gemini Pro release cadence, and any recent announcements or leaks about the next Pro model (e.g., Gemini 3.x/4 Pro). The resolution depends heavily on what counts as the 'next' Pro model relative to the market's creation date, so identifying the current latest Pro release and Google's roadmap signals (I/O 2026, DeepMind blog, benchmark leaks) is critical.
2. Research Parallel tool calls
| tool | status | time | items | summary |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| kalshi_direct | OK | 0.2s | 1 | ## This Market's Kalshi Data **Before Oct 16, 2026** (KXGEMINI-NEXTPRO-26OCT16) - Current price (probability): 42.00% - 7-day price change: +5.00% - 30-day price change: +17.00% - Average daily volume: 372 contracts - Price range: 25.00% - 57.00% - Data points: 13 days |
| kalshi_related | OK | 2.6s | 1 | 1 related markets / summaries. series KXGEMINI: 0 markets (skipped 11 no-signal) | keyword 'Gemini': no matches | keyword 'Google AI model': no matches | keyword 'Gemini Pro': ok |
| polymarket_related | OK | 0.6s | 15 | Polymarket search over 4 keyword(s), kept 15 matches. keyword 'Gemini': 5 markets | keyword 'Google AI model release': 5 markets | keyword 'Gemini 3': 0 markets | keyword 'Gemini 4': 5 markets |
| article_search | OK | 1.0s | 17 | Fetched 17 unique articles across 5 queries (lookback=60d). 'Google Gemini Pro new model release': 10 articles | 'Gemini 3 Pro release': 10 articles | 'Gemini 4 Pro': 10 articles | 'Google DeepMind next Gemini model announcement': 10 articles | 'Google I/O 2026 Gemini': 10 articles |
| claude_news | OK | 19.5s | 10 | ## Findings - **Most recent GA Gemini Pro model**: Gemini 3.1 Pro, released February 19, 2026, remains the current top-tier publicly available Pro model. The current top-tier Pro model available to the general public remains Gemini 3.1 Pro, released in February. (https://www.moomoo.com/community/ |
| gdelt_news | OK | 99.3s | 10 | GDELT: 10 articles across 2 queries (lookback=30d). 'Gemini Pro release Google DeepMind': 10 hits | 'next Gemini model 2026': error GDELT rate-limited after retries (429) |
| wikipedia | OK | 0.4s | 2 | Fetched 2 Wikipedia entries (0 missing pages). |
| code_execution | OK | 30.3s | 0 | **Key Findings** - **Inter-release gaps (Scenario A – every distinct announcement, incl. previews/GA counted separately, n=5 gaps):** 2.33, 11.70, 1.58, 2.76, 4.96 months → **mean = 4.67 mo, std = 4.13 mo** (high variance driven by the long 1.5→2.0 Pro gap). - **Inter-release gaps (Scenario B – de |
3. Evidence Brief Sonnet 5 · 6569 chars
# Current state
No next-generation Gemini Pro model has shipped publicly as of mid-September 2026. Gemini 3.1 Pro (Feb 2026) remains the current GA flagship; the announced successor, Gemini 3.5 Pro, has missed at least three deadlines and appears effectively shelved in favor of "Gemini 4," which is still in pre-training/early-checkpoint stage with leaks pointing to an October 2026 public target — landing right around this market's Oct 16, 2026 close.
# Timeline of key events
- 2023-12-06: Gemini family announced (Gemini Pro, Flash, etc.) [Wikipedia, confirmed]
- ~2025-11-15: Gemini 3 Pro released (most recent full-generation Pro release per historical cadence data) [code_execution derivation, confirmed]
- 2026-02-19: Gemini 3.1 Pro released, remains current top-tier GA Pro model [claude_news/moomoo, reported]
- 2026-05 (I/O 2026): Gemini 3.5 Pro announced, targeted for June release [CNBC, confirmed]
- 2026-07-21: Google ships three Flash-tier models (3.6 Flash, 3.5 Flash-Lite, 3.5 Flash Cyber) but no 3.5 Pro; Google states it has "started our most ambitious pre-training run yet, for Gemini 4" [CNBC/TechCrunch, confirmed]
- 2026-07-22: Alphabet Q2 earnings; Pichai confirms 3.5 Pro still in partner testing, resources shifting to Gemini 4 [CNBC, confirmed]
- 2026-08-05: Chief scientist Jeff Dean exits; Demis Hassabis steps down as DeepMind CEO (becomes Chief Scientist); 3.5 Pro still unshipped [CNBC, confirmed]
- 2026-08-12: Koray Kavukcuoglu named new DeepMind AI lead; analysts say his first task is shipping 3.5 Pro [CNBC, confirmed]
- 2026-09-02: Gemini 3.8 Flash released (coding/agentic focus); still no Pro model shipped [CNBC/GDELT, confirmed]
- 2026-09-11: Media coverage ("Where is Gemini 3.5 Pro?") on continued delay [Mashable, reported]
- 2026-09-14: Leaked internal screenshots of "Gemini 4 Pro" (codename "argon") surface via researcher "Lentils" on X, showing 2M-token context/256K output specs [moomoo, rumored/leaked]
- Sept 2026 (ongoing): Multiple outlets report an internal checkpoint deployed and point to October 2026 as the expected public rollout window for Gemini 4 Pro [nokiapoweruser/moomoo, rumored]
# Event
Will Google release the next-generation Gemini Pro model (successor to current GA Gemini 3.1 Pro — i.e., Gemini 3.5 Pro or Gemini 4 Pro, whichever ships first) before Oct 16, 2026?
# Outcomes to forecast
Yes / No
# Kalshi market anchor
Current YES price: **42%**. Trend: +5% over 7 days, +17% over 30 days (rising), off a low of 25% and high of 57%. Average daily volume ~372 contracts over 13 data points — this is the primary consensus to beat.
# Resolution source
Not run (no dedicated resolution_source tool result provided).
# Sub-question answers
1. **Most recent Gemini Pro model / date**: Gemini 3.1 Pro, GA since Feb 19, 2026, remains the current flagship; no successor has shipped publicly as of mid-Sept 2026 [claude_news].
2. **Historical cadence**: Successive Pro-model gaps have averaged ~4.7–5.8 months (with high variance: fastest ~1.6 months, slowest ~11.7 months) [code_execution]. From latest full release (~Nov 2025) to Oct 16, 2026 is ~11 months — near the historical upper tail.
3. **Teasers/leaks**: Yes — Gemini 3.5 Pro was announced at I/O 2026 but repeatedly delayed and reportedly shelved; Gemini 4 Pro leaked internal checkpoint (codename "argon") surfaced Sept 14, 2026, with rumored October 2026 target [moomoo, nokiapoweruser].
4. **Fine print on preview vs GA**: No rules text provided by Kalshi; ambiguity remains on whether a "preview" or partner-limited release would count as "released."
5. **Competitive pressure**: Anthropic's "Mythos" model has taken lead in cybersecurity coding; Google under pressure, shipped multiple Flash-tier stopgaps and reorganized DeepMind leadership (Hassabis, Dean exits) partly in response [CNBC].
6. **Related markets**: Polymarket's parallel "next Gemini Pro" markets show 12.5% by Sept 30, jumping to 83.5% by Oct 31, and daily-release markets for late Sept near 0–3.5% — implying most probability mass for a release clusters in early-to-mid October, close to but potentially after Oct 16.
# Key facts (high-confidence, factual)
1. [CNBC] Gemini 3.5 Pro missed original June 2026 target; still not GA as of Sept 2026.
2. [CNBC] Google confirmed (July 2026) it has begun pre-training Gemini 4.
3. [claude_news/Google API changelog] Latest official GA releases through Sept 2026 are Flash-tier (3.6/3.8 Flash, 3.5 Flash-Lite), not Pro.
4. [moomoo] Leaked Gemini 4 Pro checkpoint reported Sept 14, 2026; multiple sources cite October 2026 target.
5. [Kalshi] Market YES at 42%, rising steadily over past 30 days.
# Cross-market signals
- Kalshi related: no directly comparable series found (KXGEMINI series had no active markets besides this one).
- Polymarket: "By Sept 30" ≈12.5% Yes; "By Oct 31" ≈83.5% Yes — sharp probability mass concentrated in early-mid October, straddling this market's Oct 16 cutoff.
- Sportsbook implied: N/A.
# Analyst opinions and speculation
- Futurum Group analyst: new DeepMind lead's top priority is shipping 3.5 Pro and restoring a "predictable release cadence" [CNBC].
- Constellation Research analyst expects "faster releases, more experimentation" under new leadership [CNBC].
- claude_news synthesis: competitive pressure plus Google's historically conservative frontier pacing supports meaningful "No" probability for near-term Pro launch.
# Directional lean per outcome
- **Yes**: Historical cadence model implies 85-92% likelihood of a release within an 11-month window; leaked Gemini 4 Pro checkpoint and rumored October target align closely with close date; Polymarket Oct-31 market at 83.5%.
- **No**: Repeated (3+) delays of 3.5 Pro, leadership turmoil at DeepMind, Polymarket's low Sept-30 pricing (12.5%) and near-zero daily-release odds through late Sept suggest slippage is likely; Oct 16 is earlier than most rumored "October" timing, and Kalshi (closer to real-time, cross-checked) prices only 42%.
# Gaps / unknowns
- Exact rules on whether limited/partner-preview access counts as "released."
- No confirmed date for Gemini 4 Pro beyond vague "October" rumors.
- Unclear whether Gemini 3.5 Pro (if it ships before Gemini 4 Pro) would independently satisfy resolution.
# Calibration anchors
- Kalshi current YES price: 42% (rising trend).
- Polymarket exact-analog markets: 12.5% (by Sep 30) → 83.5% (by Oct 31), implying steep mid-October inflection.
- Historical cadence-based Monte Carlo estimate: ~85-92% (likely overstates due to small-n and recent anomalous delay pattern).
4. Forecasters 5 draws · Fable 5.1 + GPT-5.6 Sol
claude-fable-5-1
46% conf
| Yes | 43% |
| No | 57% |
No successor to Gemini 3.1 Pro has shipped as of mid-September 2026, and Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed 3+ deadlines amid DeepMind leadership turmoil, which points to continued slippage risk. However, leaked Gemini 4 Pro ('argon') checkpoints and multiple reports of an October public target put a release right around the Oct 16 cutoff, and Polymarket's analog markets (12.5% by Sep 30 → 83.5% by Oct 31) imply roughly 40-48% of the mass lands before mid-October, consistent with Kalshi's 42%. Google's pattern of repeated delays suggests later-October is somewhat more likely than early-October, so I stay close to the Kalshi anchor with a slight nod to the rising trend and competitive pressure. Ambiguity over whether a preview/partner release counts adds residual uncertainty in both directions.
claude-fable-5-1
45% conf
| Yes | 43% |
| No | 57% |
No successor to Gemini 3.1 Pro has shipped as of mid-September 2026; Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed 3+ deadlines and appears shelved, while Gemini 4 Pro is only at leaked-checkpoint stage with a vague 'October' target. Polymarket's analog ladder (12.5% by Sept 30, 83.5% by Oct 31) places most release mass in October, but Oct 16 sits mid-window and Google's recent pattern of slippage plus DeepMind leadership turmoil argues the later half of October is at least as likely as the first half. The rumored checkpoint deployment and competitive pressure from Anthropic give real upside, and the Kalshi price has been rising (+17% over 30 days). Anchoring on the Kalshi 42% YES with no strong evidence the market has mispriced the timing, I land at ~43% Yes.
claude-fable-5-1
46% conf
| Yes | 40% |
| No | 60% |
No successor to Gemini 3.1 Pro has shipped as of mid-September 2026; Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed 3+ deadlines and appears shelved, while Gemini 4 Pro exists only as a leaked internal checkpoint with vague 'October' rumors. Polymarket's analog markets (12.5% by Sept 30, 83.5% by Oct 31) place most release mass in October, and linear interpolation puts Oct 16 near ~45%, but Google's recent pattern of slippage, DeepMind leadership turmoil, and the tendency of rumored 'October' launches to land late in the month argue for shading slightly below the Kalshi anchor of 42%. The historical cadence model (85-92%) is unreliable here given the anomalous delay pattern. I land at 40% Yes, close to the market consensus.
gpt-5.6-sol
64% conf
| Yes | 44% |
| No | 56% |
The 42% Kalshi YES price is the primary anchor, and its rising trend reflects the leaked Gemini 4 Pro checkpoint and rumored October rollout. Historical cadence and competitive pressure point toward a release soon, while Polymarket's shift from 12.5% by Sept 30 to 83.5% by Oct 31 concentrates substantial probability near the Oct 16 cutoff. However, Gemini 3.5 Pro's repeated delays, Gemini 4's reportedly early development stage, leadership disruption, and ambiguity over whether a preview counts all favor No. I move slightly above Kalshi to 44% because the September checkpoint leak provides concrete support for an October launch, but the vague timing does not justify a larger deviation.
gpt-5.6-sol
67% conf
| Yes | 43% |
| No | 57% |
The Kalshi YES price of 42% is the strongest direct anchor, and the forecast stays close at 43%. The unusually long release gap, leaked Gemini 4 Pro checkpoint, competitive pressure, and rumored October rollout create a meaningful chance of release before the deadline. However, Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed at least three deadlines, Gemini 4 was only recently described as being in pre-training, and Polymarket pricing concentrates substantial release probability between September 30 and October 31 without establishing that it falls before October 16. Ambiguity over whether a preview or partner-limited launch counts further supports a modest No lean.
6. Final plain mean of 5 draws
43%
(54% confidence)
Yes: 43%
No: 57%
Mean of 5 draws (0.43, 0.43, 0.40, 0.44, 0.43). No successor to Gemini 3.1 Pro has shipped as of mid-September 2026, and Gemini 3.5 Pro has missed 3+ deadlines amid DeepMind leadership turmoil, which points to continued slippage risk. However, leaked Gemini 4 Pro ('argon') checkpoints and multiple reports of an October public target put a release right around the Oct 16 cutoff, and Polymarket's analog markets (12.5% by Sep 30 → 83.5% by Oct 31) imply roughly 40-48% of the mass lands before mid-October, consistent with Kalshi's 42%. Google's pattern of repeated delays suggests later-October is somewhat more likely than early-October, so I stay close to the Kalshi anchor with a slight nod to the rising trend and competitive pressure. Ambiguity over whether a preview/partner release counts adds residual uncertainty in both directions.
Pipeline Timing
Total pipeline time: 174.2s
Per-tool research timings shown in the Research section above.