← back to scans
Will Strava’s market cap be between $2B and $3B at market close on IPO day?
21%
Agent
30%
Market Price
-8.5%
Edge
52%
Confidence
54,519
Volume
19.0c
Spread
473
Days to resolution
9
Markets in event
final rationale
Decomposing explicitly: Strava confidentially filed in Feb 2026 with Goldman engaged and stated CEO intent, but no public S-1 by Sept 2026 and a missed spring window, so I put P(IPO by end-2027) at roughly 50-55%. Conditional on listing, the hard anchors ($2.2B last round, Forge secondary unchanged at $2.2B) sit inside the band, but ~$490M ARR growing 32% means a 2026-27 pricing plus a typical day-one pop could readily clear $3B, while a Navan-style drop could push a low pricing under $2B; I estimate ~35-40% for landing in the $1B-wide band. That yields an unconditional Yes near 18-22%, below the declining Polymarket price (29.5%) but above the brief's Monte Carlo base case (~14%), which I think underweights the in-band private mark. The critique correctly flags the timing lever but doesn't expose a decisive shared flaw, so I stay near the two forecasts with a slight shade down for timing slippage.
price vs. prediction
market price
agent forecast at t+0
34 follow-ups
1. Planner Fable 5.1 · Fermi decomposition + tool plan
Tools chosen:
polymarket_direct
polymarket_related
kalshi_related
article_search
claude_news
gdelt_news
wikipedia
code_execution
Sub-questions (Fermi decomposition)
- Has Strava confidentially or publicly filed for an IPO, hired banks, or publicly stated an IPO timeline, and what is the probability it lists before Dec 31, 2027?
- What was Strava's most recent private valuation (primary round or secondary/tender), and what revenue/ARR and growth rate is reported (e.g., ~$500M+ revenue, profitability)?
- What valuation range are bankers/analysts/reporting suggesting for a Strava IPO, and how does that compare to comps like Peloton, Duolingo, Garmin, Bumble at similar revenue multiples?
- What is the base rate for first-day closing market cap landing within a given ~$1B-wide bracket for consumer tech IPOs priced in the $2–5B range, given typical first-day pops of 10–40%?
- How are the sibling Polymarket bracket markets (e.g., <$2B, $3–5B, $5B+, no IPO) priced, and do they sum consistently with this bracket's price?
- Is the current IPO market window (2025–2027) favorable for consumer subscription companies, based on recent comparable listings and their aftermarket performance?
Planner reasoning
This question hinges on (a) whether Strava IPOs before 2028 at all, and (b) conditional on an IPO, where the first-day closing market cap lands relative to the $2B–$3B bracket. Strava's last private valuation (~$2.2B in 2024 secondary/2020 round ~$1.5B) and any recent funding/S-1 news are key anchors, along with base rates for first-day pops and how sibling bracket markets on Polymarket are priced. The Polymarket direct price is the primary anchor.
2. Research Parallel tool calls
| tool | status | time | items | summary |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| polymarket_direct | OK | 0.7s | 1 | ## This Market's Polymarket Data **Will Strava’s market cap be between $2B and $3B at market close on IPO day?** - Current price (probability): 29.50% - 7-day price change: +0.00% - 30-day price change: -6.50% - Total volume: $54,519 (USD notional) - Price range: 16.50% - 49.50% - Data points: 91 d |
| polymarket_related | OK | 1.2s | 0 | Scanned 100 active Polymarket markets, kept 0 matches. keyword 'Strava': 0 markets | keyword 'Strava IPO': 0 markets | keyword 'Strava market cap': 0 markets |
| kalshi_related | OK | 1.1s | 1 | 1 related markets / summaries. keyword 'Strava': no matches | keyword 'Strava IPO': ok |
| article_search | OK | 0.5s | 34 | Fetched 34 unique articles across 4 queries (lookback=365d). 'Strava IPO filing': 10 articles | 'Strava valuation funding round': 10 articles | 'Strava revenue subscribers 2025': 10 articles | 'Strava CEO Michael Martin IPO plans': 10 articles |
| claude_news | OK | 21.3s | 14 | ## Findings on Strava's IPO status (as of Sept 2026) - **Confidential S-1 filed, no public filing yet.** In February 2026, Strava confidentially submitted a draft Form S-1 to the SEC for a proposed U.S. IPO, with share count and price range not yet determined. As of late July 2026, there is no p |
| gdelt_news | OK | 97.1s | 10 | GDELT: 10 articles across 2 queries (lookback=180d). 'Strava IPO': error GDELT rate-limited after retries (429) | 'Strava valuation': 10 hits |
| wikipedia | OK | 0.2s | 2 | Fetched 2 Wikipedia entries (0 missing pages). |
| code_execution | OK | 15.8s | 0 | **Monte Carlo Results — Strava IPO Day Market Cap in [$2B, $3B)** Model: pricing valuation ~ Lognormal(median, σ=30%); Day-1 pop ~ Normal(μ=+20%, σ=30%); Closing Cap = Valuation × (1+Pop). 2M simulation draws per scenario. **Conditional probability (P(cap∈[2B,3B)) | IPO occurs):** - Median pricing |
3. Evidence Brief Sonnet 5 · 6501 chars
# Current state
Strava has confidentially filed a draft S-1 (reported Feb 2026) but has NOT publicly filed or set a price range/date as of the latest research (~Sept 2026); a speculated spring 2026 IPO window has already passed without a listing. This market resolves "Yes" only if Strava's IPO-day closing market cap lands in [$2B,$3B); if no IPO occurs by Dec 31, 2027, it resolves "No IPO before 2028" (a No-equivalent for this Yes/No pair).
# Timeline of key events
- 2020-11: Series F raises Strava valuation to $1.5B (reported, Sacra).
- 2025-05: Strava raises new round at $2.2B valuation (incl. debt), led by Sequoia, TCV, Jackson Square, Go4it Capital (reported, Sacra).
- 2025-06: CEO Michael Martin tells WSJ revenue will "reach $500M" near-term (reported).
- 2025-09: Reuters reports Strava invited Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley to pitch for IPO underwriting roles; IPO possibly as early as 2026 (reported).
- 2025-10: CEO Michael Martin reportedly announces plan to take Strava public, Goldman Sachs selected as lead underwriter (reported, IPOX).
- 2026-01-09: the5krunner publishes analysis floating a "$3 billion valuation" and spring 2026 listing window (speculative/rumored).
- 2026-02: Strava confidentially submits draft Form S-1 to SEC; share count/price range undetermined (reported).
- 2026-07-23: No public S-1 visible on EDGAR; spring 2026 window has passed (confirmed by absence).
- 2026-08-28: Forge Global secondary market ("Forge Price") still implies ~$2.2B valuation, unchanged from May 2025 round (reported).
- As of latest research (~Sept 2026): No confirmed IPO date, no public S-1, no priced range.
# Event
Will Strava's IPO-day closing market cap fall in the $2B–$3B bracket?
# Outcomes to forecast
Yes / No (No includes both "IPO closes outside $2B–$3B" and "No IPO before 2028")
# Kalshi market anchor
No direct Kalshi ticker returned for this exact event (kalshi_direct data not shown in raw research); nearest Kalshi comparables are unrelated IPO-race markets (Ramp/Brex, OpenAI/Anthropic, Deel/Rippling). Polymarket sibling market for this exact event shows: current price 29.5% YES, 7-day flat, 30-day -6.5%, range 16.5%-49.5% over 91 days, volume ~$54.5K — treat this as the primary cross-market anchor in absence of live Kalshi price.
# Sub-question answers
1. **IPO timeline/status** — Confidential S-1 filed Feb 2026; banks (Goldman lead, plus JPMorgan/Morgan Stanley pitched) engaged since Sept 2025; CEO publicly stated IPO intent Oct 2025. No public S-1 or date as of Sept 2026; spring 2026 target has passed. Listing before end-2027 remains plausible but unconfirmed (est. 40-70% per Monte Carlo scenarios).
2. **Last private valuation/financials** — $2.2B (May 2025 round, Sequoia-led, incl. debt). Revenue estimates cluster $415M-$500M for 2025 (Sacra: $490M ARR, +32% YoY from $370M in 2024); premium conversion only ~2% of 195M registered users, signaling monetization upside.
3. **Banker/analyst valuation range** — Speculation clusters at $2B-$3B, with some outlets (the5krunner) floating $3B+; explicitly flagged as press speculation, not confirmed guidance (curvedtrading.com). No direct comp multiple analysis vs. Peloton/Duolingo/Garmin/Bumble found in research.
4. **Base rate for first-day cap in a $1B bracket** — Not directly sourced; Monte Carlo model (30% valuation vol, day-1 pop ~N(20%,30%)) estimates conditional P(land in $2-3B | IPO occurs) at 25-35% depending on assumed pricing median.
5. **Sibling Polymarket brackets** — Not returned in raw data (polymarket_related found 0 matching markets); only this bracket's own price (29.5%) available. Cannot verify sum-consistency across brackets.
6. **IPO market window favorability** — 2025 IPO market described as "booming" (182 IPOs YTD, +42% YoY, per CNBC/Renaissance Capital), but recent consumer-tech debuts have had mixed aftermarkets (Navan fell 20% on IPO day, Oct 2025). No consumer-subscription-specific comp cited.
# Key facts (high-confidence, factual)
1. [Sacra] Strava's last private valuation: $2.2B (May 2025, incl. debt).
2. [Sacra] 2025 est. ARR ~$490M, +32% YoY.
3. [curvedtrading/Forge] No public S-1 on EDGAR as of July 2026; Forge secondary price still implies $2.2B as of Aug 2026.
4. [IPOX/Reuters] Goldman Sachs engaged as lead underwriter; confidential S-1 filed ~Feb 2026.
5. [Polymarket] This exact bracket priced at 29.5% YES, down from a high of 49.5%.
# Cross-market signals
- Kalshi related: No direct Strava ticker found; adjacent IPO-race markets (unrelated to valuation) show active Kalshi engagement in IPO speculation generally.
- Polymarket: 29.5% YES on this exact $2B-$3B bracket, declining trend (30d -6.5%), suggesting market has become somewhat less confident in this specific bracket (possibly shifting mass to higher brackets given $3B+ speculation).
- Sportsbook implied: N/A.
# Analyst opinions and speculation
- the5krunner (Jan 2026): floats $3B valuation scenario — explicitly speculative.
- curvedtrading.com: notes $3B+ figures are "press speculation," not confirmed.
- Sacra/Polymarket commentary: last private mark ($2.2B) anchors expectations toward lower end of the range, but revenue growth and multiples keep higher brackets "competitive."
# Directional lean per outcome
- **Yes ($2B-$3B)**: Supported by last private valuation ($2.2B) sitting inside band; plausible modest IPO pop would keep it in-band. Opposed by: speculative reports pushing toward $3B+, historical IPO pops (10-40%) could push above $3B if priced at $2.5-3B pre-pop; also meaningful risk of no IPO by 2028 cutoff.
- **No (outside band or no IPO)**: Supported by uncertainty of timing (no S-1 public, missed spring 2026 window), speculation of $3B+ pricing, and typical IPO pops pushing above $3B; Monte Carlo base case gives only ~14% unconditional Yes.
# Gaps / unknowns
- No confirmed S-1 price range or share count.
- No confirmed IPO date; timing risk vs. 2027 cutoff is material and unquantified precisely.
- No sibling Polymarket bracket data retrieved to cross-check consistency.
- No live Kalshi YES price for this specific ticker was returned in tool output.
# Calibration anchors
- Polymarket YES price (only available market anchor): 29.5%, trending down.
- Monte Carlo base-case unconditional estimate: ~14% (range ~7-24% across valuation/timing scenarios).
- Precedent: recent consumer-tech IPOs (Navan) saw first-day moves of -20%, illustrating wide dispersion around pricing valuation, consistent with band-uncertainty.
4. Forecasters Fable 5.1 + GPT-5.6 Sol · in parallel
claude-fable-5-1
42% conf
| Yes | 22% |
| No | 78% |
The only market anchor is Polymarket's 29.5% YES for this exact bracket (declining trend, no Kalshi ticker). Two independent hurdles cut against Yes: timing risk (confidential S-1 filed Feb 2026 but no public S-1 or range as of ~Sept 2026, spring window missed; IPO before end-2027 perhaps 50-60%), and valuation dispersion (last private mark $2.2B sits in-band, but ~$490M ARR growing 32% and press speculation of $3B+ plus typical day-one pops could push the close above $3B). Conditional on an IPO occurring, landing in the $1B-wide band looks like roughly 30-40%, giving an unconditional estimate near 18-22%, between the brief's Monte Carlo (~14%) and the Polymarket price. I shade slightly below the market given the demonstrated slippage in IPO timing.
gpt-5.6-sol
62% conf
| Yes | 22% |
| No | 78% |
The 29.5% Polymarket YES price is the best available anchor because no direct Kalshi price was found. Strava’s $2.2B private valuation and roughly $490M ARR support the target bracket, but the confidential S-1 has not progressed to a public filing and the anticipated spring 2026 window passed, creating meaningful no-IPO risk before 2028. Conditional on an IPO, the cited model assigns only 25-35% to a $2B-$3B close because pricing uncertainty and a first-day move could readily put the valuation above $3B. Combining that conditional bracket probability with uncertain IPO timing supports a modest discount from the market anchor to 22% YES.
5. Devil's Advocate Sonnet 5 · red-team critique
1. Both forecasts converge to nearly identical 22%/78% splits despite different confidence levels (0.42 vs 0.62) and different stated reasoning paths, suggesting anchoring on the Polymarket price rather than independently deriving from the Monte Carlo base case (~14%) — the brief explicitly flags this as only "possibly shifting mass to higher brackets," yet neither forecaster explains why they land so much higher than the model's 14% base case.
2. Neither forecaster grapples with the asymmetry in the "No" bucket: it combines both "IPO happens but lands outside $2-3B" and "no IPO by 2028," yet both treat this as roughly one blended discount rather than decomposing timing risk (IPO before 2027 deadline, est. 40-70% per brief) separately from conditional valuation risk (25-35%), which could materially shift the math — e.g., if timing probability is nearer 40% (lower bound), unconditional Yes should be closer to 10-14%, not 22%.
3. Both forecasts ignore the declining Polymarket trend detail (30-day -6.5%, range 16.5%-49.5%) without asking whether this decline reflects the market pricing in the missed spring 2026 window and possibly shifting mass to a >$3B bucket given revenue growth (+32% YoY ARR) — this dynamic could argue for a lower Yes than 22%, not just a "slight shade below."
4. Neither forecaster addresses the Navan precedent (-20% first-day move) as a bidirectional risk — it's cited as evidence of dispersion that could push above $3B, but a downward pop could equally push a $2.5-3B pricing below $2B, and this asymmetry isn't factored into the 25-35% conditional band estimate.
5. Both forecasts lack explicit treatment of the "no S-1 filed, no date set, spring window already missed" as of Sept 2026 — given ~15 months remain to the Dec 2027 cutoff and no confirmed pricing process has started, the 40-70% IPO-by-2027 range cited in the brief is quite wide, and neither forecaster commits to where in that range they sit, which is the single largest lever on the final answer.
6. Neither forecaster considers that the "$3B+" speculation (the5krunner, Jan 2026) is explicitly flagged as unconfirmed press speculation with no comp-multiple analysis behind it, yet both let this speculative anchor meaningfully pull their conditional-band estimate down from a naive "last round + modest pop = mid-band" expectation — this may be over-weighting an unverified data point relative to the hard $2.2B private mark and Forge secondary price (unchanged as of Aug 2026).
6. Aggregator Fable 5.1 · final calibrated forecast
21%
(52% confidence)
Yes: 21%
No: 79%
Decomposing explicitly: Strava confidentially filed in Feb 2026 with Goldman engaged and stated CEO intent, but no public S-1 by Sept 2026 and a missed spring window, so I put P(IPO by end-2027) at roughly 50-55%. Conditional on listing, the hard anchors ($2.2B last round, Forge secondary unchanged at $2.2B) sit inside the band, but ~$490M ARR growing 32% means a 2026-27 pricing plus a typical day-one pop could readily clear $3B, while a Navan-style drop could push a low pricing under $2B; I estimate ~35-40% for landing in the $1B-wide band. That yields an unconditional Yes near 18-22%, below the declining Polymarket price (29.5%) but above the brief's Monte Carlo base case (~14%), which I think underweights the in-band private mark. The critique correctly flags the timing lever but doesn't expose a decisive shared flaw, so I stay near the two forecasts with a slight shade down for timing slippage.
Pipeline Timing
Total pipeline time: 187.7s
Per-tool research timings shown in the Research section above.